I'm honored to join the inimitable Alice Parker in leadership of Sharing the Song, a workshop for song leaders excited to nurture and sustain singing in their communities. We'll offer three days of learning, reflection, and skill building and inspire others to make beautiful music with their voices!
During the workshop we'll:
- Sing and learn together, experiencing music from a wide range of musical traditions, cultures, and styles.
- Under the guidance of master teacher Alice Parker, explore how song leaders lift song off the page through careful study of melody, text, musical style, and historic context. Learn more about Alice's sessions here.
- Reflect on the energetic and physical dimensions of song leadership with Paul Vasile, focusing on holistic leadership practices that support dynamic communication. Learn more about Paul's sessions here.
- Participants will practice leading the group in song and receive feedback and coaching from Alice and Paul.
- Build a community of practice and support, as we connect with like-minded colleagues and peers from variety of contexts and musical backgrounds.
- Commit to serving as community builders and teachers in our home context, creating spaces where singing together is a beautiful, inclusive, and life-giving experience for all.
Alice and I will also lead evening Community SINGS each day, all of which are free and open to the public!